Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Altenew Beautiful Day Stamps!

HI there everyone!

My name is Clare Curd and I'm the 'My Mum's Craft Shop' newest DT member! I'm thrilled to be joining the team as I have been shopping online at this little gem of a shop for a good while now so this is just the icing on the cake.

Today I'm sharing with you a card I've made with the Beautiful Day stamp set from Altenew. I just LOVE their stamps!



Supplies used:
Ranger Distress ink Twisted Citron,  Stampin'up Old Olive ink pad, 
Ranger Black Archival ink, Versamark ink Pad, Wow! Embossing powder in Silver, 
Stix2 Masking sheet, Vellum, Tim Holtz Stapler, sequins, black 002 fineline pen, 
Craftwork Cards white 6 x 6 card blank, Martha Stewart Circle cutter. 

When I'm using these stamps, I start with the darkest layer (i.e the detail) and then stamp over the top with the next lighter colour till I get to the lightest background layer. I find that this helps me line them up easier as the dark shades shop up through the clear stamp. However, I have tried the reverse to this and that looks good too, I just feel more comfortable dark to light. I love how these stamps are very forgiving though and never look wrong even if you're not too good at lining them up, it just makes them look even more sketched!

To make the card I cut a 5in diameter circle from the card blank using the Martha Stewart circle cutter. You could also use a circle die if you have one big enough, but make sure that the edge of the circle is overhanging the spine of the card. then I cut a flat base to the card. you can do this once you have finished stamping and putting on your greeting as then you can make sure everything is straight!

Once I had stamped the first rose (to the left) I stamped the largest flower layer onto stix2 masking paper, cut out and fixed to the rose. Then I stamped the leaves at the top and made a mask for this. I then continued stamping the rest.



I cut a strip of vellum and stamped the greeting with versa mark and heat set with Wow! embossing powder in Silver. I fixed this to the card with crossed staples, and finally added sequins and a black fine line around the edge.


Well that's all for my first post! Hope you can join me next time!
love, Clare x

14 comments:

  1. Stunning card Clare, I love Altenew stamps and your work, so it's a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you terri! That's so very kind of you. I love Altenew Stamps too. I can't resist! x

      Delete
  2. I love this great card Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment Lesley xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous love the shaped card I love altenew stamps too! 😊 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Clare. Gorgeous colour x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Clare. I love your use of Vellum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cliona! I love vellum and need to try and use it more! x

      Delete
  6. Absolutely beautiful card Clare :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card. Great instructions. Thank you for introducing me to these Clare. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for looking! and for your lovely comments. xx

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments & feedback :)